Wildflower Hill Co. is looking for Event Assistants to join our Creative Team to assist with weddings and events setup, decoration, and production. Be part of an award-winning team that creates wedding magic for couples in Northern Virginia, DMV and Destinations.
We are looking for energetic and organized Event Assistants to provide support to our Creative Team. On the day of events, you help set up and tear down decorations, monitor the delivery of supplies/rentals, and ensure operations run smoothly. Our ideal candidates and team players has some event planning experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
Event Assistants are responsible for assisting onsite with coordinating and executing a seamless successful events from beginning to end. This position calls for someone who is enthusiastic and has an eye for detail and a sense of urgency as well as knowledge of basic event setup/breakdown, logistics, and customer service. You will be responsible for ensuring an amazing experience for our clients throughout the event.
Onsite support of Lead Planner with load-in/load-out of decor, design, floral arrangements
Assist with set up and tear down of events decoration and setup
Communicate with vendors to ensure they are aware of the event and venue details before event
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED certificate required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least one year of relevant professional experience preferred
- 1-2 years wedding and events experience
- 1-2 years proven food & beverage and hotel event experience, specifically in wedding and catering service segments
- Able to multitask
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail, professional and fun attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Available to work weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Able to lift 25 lbs and stand for long periods of time
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Event Assistant